Some services of this app make use of location-based data. If you allow these services, we will use information about the Wi-Fi routers and cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to provide better user experience for you.
Collection and Use
We collect the following personal and device information:
- Information you provide during device setup, such as name, email address, the location of each device.
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and E-mail address.
- Environmental data from DEXATEK’s sensors, such as air quality, humidity, current temperature, ambient light, activity or motion.
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, the DEXATEK’s IP address, device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device type, operating system, as well as your location
We use this information to:
- Provide and improve the DEXATEK functionality.
- Respond to customer service requests.
- Administer your account and back up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications when you are using the DEXATEK app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings depending on your device type. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send you marketing communications.
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
You may opt out of receiving newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or marketing email. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES
If you provide personal information about others or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Sharing Your Information
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may also provide personal information to trusted partners who are acting on behalf of or with DEXATEK under confidentiality agreements, such as companies or organizations that assist us managing the computers that store your personal and device information, analytics companies or customer service entities. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may disclose your personal and/or device information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoenas, court orders or similar legal process.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety, or the safety of others; investigate fraud; or respond to a government request.
- whether for strategic or other business reasons, when DEXATEK decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may share your aggregated and anonymous information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings.
Tracking and Ads
We may use technologies such as cookies or scripts to gather information about how you and others interact within the app. For example, we will know how many household members access your DEXATEK device(s) at your location or access features within the app. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how DEXATEK and the app are used and to provide content and features that are of interest to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Therefore the transmission between the device and the app on your home Wi-Fi network is encrypted; transmissions are also encrypted when the device and app communicate with our servers.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, no transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security of the app or the device, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing and Storage of User Information
Our business operations and the computer servers that handle data collected from the app and the device may be located in several countries. Therefore please note that, when using DEXATEK Services, you may transfer your personal information and all information captured by the app and the device to servers located in other countries or regions for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the country you utilize the Services to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the DEXATEK system. By providing any information, including personal information, through the app or the device, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing on behalf of yourself and those in your home.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To review and update your personal information, you may view and edit your information through the app.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services to you. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you, you may delete your account from mobile app. However, we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
NOTIFICATION OF PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices or functionality of the app or the device. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), through a push-notification, or by means of a notice in the app prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We would be happy to address any concerns you may have about our privacy practices and policies. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, you may contact us at: email@example.com or by mail to:
16F.-1, No.81, Sec. 1, Xintai 5th Rd.,
Xizhi Dist., New Taipei City 221,
Last Updated: May 7, 2018